This statement sets out how SmartInstall Limited (“we”) uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website, call us or visit us.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, and you should check this page as you reuse this website to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What information we collect
We may collect certain information when you use this website, call us or visit us and as part of our order processing procedure.
Where you contact us by telephone, we will retain recordings of all conversations, and when visiting our premises any CCTV footage will also be retained.
Information collected and retained by us will include:
- Your name, date of birth and contact information including postal address, email address and telephone number
- Your IP address
- Details of any purchase or sale orders you place with us, even if not completed, as well as delivery details
- Details you provide when contacting us with enquiries
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
- ID verification details obtained as part of our order processing
- Personal Information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- So that we can process your purchase or sale orders, and for ongoing customer service
- Internal record keeping for regulatory and accounting purposes
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email or postal address which you have provided
- We may ask you for feedback on the services we have provided
We may also disclose your personal information:
- Where we use authorised subcontractors or service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, such as installation of goods, we may need to share limited information in order that they can perform their services. In these circumstances we will restrict any information that is shared and ensure that they do not share or use this information for any other purpose
- Where we have a legal obligation or in order to prevent or detect criminal activity we may share details with regulators, law enforcement, private investigators or other government agencies
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, however we cannot guarantee the safety of any information you provide online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our registered address.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us, or email us, as soon as possible at the registered address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
They help us to improve our site and deliver a better experience for our users. Some of the cookies that we use are essential for the site to operate.
- Collect any personal identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Our Cookies Help:
- Effectively administer our website
- Improve the user experience
- Remember your settings during and between visits to provide you with a continuous experience, including
- any location information you may have expressed an interest in either via clicking a link on our site or from 3rd party search & listing providers
- any specific keywords you may have used to search for us, for example “home alarm”
- Improve the security/speed of the site
- Aggregate information about the usage and effectiveness of our site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
We use traffic log cookies on our website and blog to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to be more user friendly. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Our Own Cookies
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Contact form validation to prevent spam emails being sent
- Tracking anonymous visits to website for statistical purposes
- Tailor the site to match your interest and location
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
To learn how to disable cookies on browsers please click here.http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=61416
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many antispyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about antispyware software http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware
Our website uses a cookie to display our “Cookie Notice” at the bottom of the page. In order for us to remember that a user has agreed and wishes to close that notice we store an anonymous cookie that removes that notice for a period of 7 days. If you do not wish this cookie to be stored then you can choose not to close the notice.
Contact Forms (Captcha)
Our website uses a session cookie to provide users with a contact form validation service known as captcha. This cookie does not store any personal information about you and is only used to check the captcha form field to verify that a human being has entered the information.
Google Maps & Places
Happy to Accept?